Saturday, April 28, 2007

Be Still

So many things happen on a daily basis that if you are not careful you here those voices and forget to here the voice of God. I've been there lately to much for my liking. It seems like time, people, and the whole world are spinning around and I'm trying my best to be still. I know be still and know that He is God or be anxious for nothing. Of course I should cast my cares on Him because He cares but really folks. If it were that easy most of the world would not be struggling and we would all live in a perfect place. You and I both know that is not so.

It seems like our brain knows what to do and our hearts should follow but it is not always that easy. We are all human and our emotions play a huge part of how we feel. I have been in ministry for over 12 years and I can honestly say I thought once I made that commitment every thing would fall in place. That was me being naive. I guess you know the answer, that didn't happen. Those of you in ministry know that most of your real hurts in life come from those you serve. Those cut the deepest.

It is important to remember your not in this alone. God is with you and He is faithful. Joy does come in the morning and the darkness turns to light if you let it.
I can honestly say I haven't felt much joy lately and things have been stressful and confusing. I have often asked God why am I here and what is my purpose. I have really felt I don't fit and why did you bring us here? I absolutely love the teens we minister to but there are other contributing factors that make it difficult and stressful. I am not ungrateful and I am appreciative of the opportunity to serve and lead such a great team of teens. They have been the greatest team and by far the best part of our job.

All I can say is that God has a plan. I don't know what that plan is or how I fit into it but I know He has one.

It's time to face those giants in my life and stop having a pity party. I never much liked those anyway.

No comments: