Monday, April 02, 2007

Happy Anniversary

I can't believe it has been a whole year. That's right one whole year. It has been exactly one year since we moved to Corpus to pastor what I consider the best group of teens in the area. I can hardly believe that much time has passed since we left Victoria.

To be honest when we left Victoria my girls and I were not looking forward to the move. It was especially hard on my oldest daughter because she had worked hard on building her reputation there. She was a great academic student and a great athlete with many great friends that she loved and they loved her back. Myself, I absolutely loved the school I worked at and I loved the teens I got to work with every day. It was my ideal job. I got to do the things I loved best everyday. Coaching great kids and teaching great kids so leaving was exceptional hard.

I never imagined that in less than a year everything would be ok. My girls have adjusted well and things get better each day. I still miss home and a piece of my heart will forever be with those kids but the kids here have a home in my heart as well. God gives us a huge capacity to love and if we allow Him to he can fill it with much love.

So after our first year we are happy to be here, loving ministry, and getting to know our new family. Life is good and we are grateful for the opportunity to be at a great church. We have seen great growth in a year and have build a great team around us. Alone we can achieve nothing but with help the possibilities are endless. The first year was about building a core team. It was about a worship team, leadership team, follow-up teams, greeters, and of course the teens. After all everything is about them. We have seen the ministry double in the first year and now are looking to doubling again. The goal was not set by us it was set my our team and young people. They want to see the ministry explode and they work hard at inviting their friends every week. How can you not love them?

I can't wait for the next year and the next.

No comments: