Monday, March 19, 2007

My March Madness

What a weekend we had.

Have you ever had one of those jam packed weekends where every single minute has to go as planned?

Well, that happened to me this weekend. I was the victim of daylight savings time once again. My youngest daughter was a flower girl in one of our leaders wedding this weekend and she was a total princess in her dress.

Now here is the madness that it took to get her there. She had to be at the hairdresser by 10:30 a.m. to have her hair done. When I left my house, I left at 10:30 but should have gotten suspicious when she sat on the chair forever and I could not believe it was only 11:30. I thought to myself that I had enough time to take my oldest daughter to buy a pair of shoes she wanted for the wedding (p.s. she had already bought a pair she did not like once got home.)

Life with a teenager is always an adventure that story will come at a later date.

Next, my middle daughter calls and asks if she can get dressed and informs me that it is 1:00 already. I thought she was over anxious and I had more time so I checked my cell phone and realized it had not been changed to daylight savings time. (I blame my husband for that one)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I rush home because my youngest has to get dressed and I have to be at the church by 1:30, not funny. It was the fastest change job I have ever preformed. It was like watching a t.v. show on fast forward. That must be what Clark Kent felt like when he was changing into Superman. My poor cat sat and watched in complete confusion wondering why things were so chaotic. You would have to know me to understand my compulsion to never leave home without everything in it's place. Needless to say that did not happen that day. Nothing like a time crunch to cure a little O.C.D.

Well, we did make it to the wedding and it was perfection. It is always beautiful to watch a young couple come together who did it right. Their choice to wait till marriage was encouraging to us as Pastors. It shows us that there is still hope for a generation that most have labeled as lost or to far gone. I witnessed two amazing young people come together this weekend who set a great example to those who witnessed their union. All had a good cry and many ooh's and aahs.

Not sure if it was the wedding or just pure exhaustion.

No comments: