Tuesday, March 20, 2007

one life at a time

I thought since I never really told you who I was I should maybe give you a little background on who I am.

As I have told you before, I am married to Pastor Jay as our kids know him, to me he is simply Jay. We have been married for 15 years and in the ministry 12 of those 15. I must admit that it is never a dull moment and life creates many adventures we have been on. We have three beautiful daughters representing every age group. We have a teenager, a tweener, and a pre-schooler. We also have a dog named Lilly and a cat named Allie all girls by the way pray for my husband. All which keep us very busy, young, and exhausted all at the same time.

I am a stay at home mom for the first time in my life. It was a challenge to adjust to suddenly being home and being mom 24/7. I had coached girls volleyball for the past 10 years and I absolutely love the game. I truly miss the sport and the excitement that went with it.

Just so you know God does have a sense of humor. When we were called to the ministry I really hated traveling and my biggest fear in life is still public speaking. (ha!Ha!) Goes to show that God can use anyone.

Life at the Curlee home resembles a three ring circus. My daughters are into invading my space or don't touch my things and many other ordeals that only could traumatize a teenage. I have come to think my name is MOOOOOOMMMMMMM...... I should buy a black and white stripped shirt and wear it everyday so that at least I'm dressed to be their referee.

But really I have a three wonderful daughters who are each unique and wonderfully made. I can honestly say they are good girls who we love dearly. Jay and I have a great relationship after 16 years of marriage and dating he is still the love of my life. Yes, he still makes my knees weak..... enough said.

We have a unique partnership in life as well as in ministry. We have always gone into things together and I think we are a great team. Don't get me wrong ministry was not my first choice and I have grown to love it. I wanted cooperate America with a suburban life with no worries. I have many times felt like what I got was ministry with disappointments and many hurts inflicted by the same people we minister to. I won't lie that many times I thought I was angry but realized I was deeply wounded and disillusioned with ministry. It was mostly my fault, somehow I thought people would just know the sacrifice or the price that we were paying as a family. You see ministry is not a get rich job many churches across America are small churches with small budgets and they do the best they can. We have been at all spectrum's of ministry big and small and love both. But it did come at a price.

I say all this only to say that through everything the low and the highs we have stayed together we have loved each other and never stop believing in each other. It did cause stress at times but it ultimately lead us to cross where we found strength to continue.

So, here we are better and stronger making a difference one life at a time.

No comments: